Contributor and Development Docs
Learn the processes and technical information needed for contributing to GitLab.
This content is intended for members of the GitLab Team as well as community contributors. Content specific to the GitLab Team should instead be included in the Handbook.
For information on using GitLab to work on your own software projects, see the GitLab user documentation.
For information on working with the GitLab APIs, see the API documentation.
For information about how to install, configure, update, and upgrade your own GitLab instance, see the Administrator documentation.
- Set up the GitLab development environment with the GitLab Development Kit (GDK)
GitLab contributing guide
Issues workflow for more information about:
- Issue tracker guidelines.
- Feature proposals.
- Issue weight.
- Regression issues.
- Technical or UX debt.
Merge requests workflow for more
- Merge request guidelines.
- Contribution acceptance criteria.
- Definition of done.
- Style guides
- Implement design & UI elements
- Issues workflow for more information about:
- GitLab Architecture Overview
- Rake tasks for development